Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Probably the best compliment I've ever received

Ms. Debangana is a PhD student in Fine Arts here in LSU, and lives with her husband Mr. Suparno, who's doing his PhD in English, here in the Nicholson campus apartments. Both have studied from Shantiniketan in West Bengal; in fact the Kala Bhavana (Art School) is supposedly one of the best in the world (Ref: Wiki). I've been eagerly waiting to see Debangana didi's works and am still doing that, because they are all in her office at LSU. But today I got a chance to talk to her, so I rushed home and got my Wolverine drawing to receive her feedback. 

Upon opening the covers, she said "Wow. I have to learn this kind of drawing from you." 

I have no words to explain how happy I am today. When I came back home, I could only think of Maynard's intense words of the song Wings part 2, from Tool's album 10000 Days:

'Its time now, my time now
Give me my, give me my..........WINGS !!!'

No comments: