Monday, September 01, 2008

Cycle repair

I went to the cycle stand outside my lab after 2 days. The key fitted properly and the lock opened neatly to separate the front tyre from the stand. Funny thing is, that was all that was left of the cycle. So this was the second time that my bicycle got stolen. And this one wasn't even mine, I'd borrowed it from Sunada. Now what to do? I knew that complaining to the authorities or lodging a case would be of no use, because nothing came out of the previous one. A new one would cost me 55 dollars. I kept the lock and tyre as there were, because rolling a cycle tyre down the street with a stick in hand would've been fun as a kid; now it would be embarrassing.
I saw one old cycle lying beside. It had a torn seat, a rusted chain sprocket and the front wheel and the lock were missing. How it came to be in such a situation is beyond my analyzing powers. I waited for a week and saw that no one had even bothered to pick it up. Lifted it; it fit neatly on to the hub of my front tyre. Tightened the nuts, unlocked the 'new' bicycle and took it home. Justice is served.

1 comment:

Ankita said...

hiiii

very nice blog, thoughtful and creative :)

I used to cycle a lot in my school graduation dayz...now that road always remains full of cars :(

anyways hope u r enjoying ride on ur new cycle :)