Monday, September 01, 2008

Stray dog

I met Ashok from our Kannada group at the empty parking lot of a restaurant on the way to the convenience store at the gas station, a pleasant evening before Gustav the hurricane's arrival. Out of nowhere came an average sized black dog and was skipping around until it finally reached us and was jumping around me playfullyand was probably hungry too. I saw it had a blue collar, but then Ashok said 'we don't get to see many stray dogs here, do we?', so I didn't take much notice. Then we left and the dog kept following me up to the store. When I came out, it was still around and looked at me innocently and hoped that I'd something to offer. By then I thought it really was a stray dog. So after walking a little I turned back and bought a small packet of biscuits from the store, but this time it had gone away. Looking around I caught a glimpse of it near a group of people near a house at a distance, so I dropped the idea of feeding it and turned homewards. Hardly had I walked 2 minutes when a fat white lady looking tensed appeared around the corner....with a leash in hand. She asked me 'have you seen a black dog?'
'Just take a right at the road from the restaurant ma'am'.

No comments: